Louisiana Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation program wants to work with your business toward placement and retention of people with disabilities in the workforce. LRS’ VR program assists businesses in hiring, developing and keeping valued employees. We provide an array of services at no cost.
Louisiana Rehabilitation Services can help your business:
- Prescreening of applicants based on essential job requirements
- On-site job trainer and support services
- Job restructuring/work site adjustment
- Accessibility survey of complete work site
- Assistive technology; devices and specialized equipment to assist in job success
- Follow-up services
- Affirmative action planning
- Work force diversity consultation
- Reasonable accommodation support
- Employee assistance and/or advisory program
- Job Retention - Minimize the cost of training new employees by maintaining valued workers who have become disabled through work-related injuries.
- Business Tax Incentives - If you own or operate a business, you should be aware of two tax incentives for hiring workers with disabilities:
- Deduction for Removal of Barriers - You may be eligible deduct expenses for making a facility or vehicle used in your business more accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Accessibility Credit - An eligible small business which pays or incurs expenses for providing access to persons with disabilities is allowed a tax credit.
For more information, contact:
Louisiana Rehabilitation Services
Brenda Bohrer, Employment Services Program Coordinator
950 N. 22nd Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
225-219-2225 or 1-800-737-2958