Welcome to the Louisiana Workforce Commission. Get the most from every dollar…tax incentives and paid worker training… job placement and online tools. We have the solutions that save YOU time and money when it comes to YOUR company’s business operation and workforce.
TOP 10 WAYS LWC CAN SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY
Don’t have the money for professional recruitment services or classified ads? No time do interviews? YOUR company can benefit from a variety of incentives and no-cost services to get a return on YOUR investment.
- Enjoy Tax Credits & Incentives
Claim various tax breaks that can offer a boost to YOUR bottom line.
Take advantage of these opportunities today to create a better workforce for YOU for tomorrow.
- Louisiana Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation
- Fidelity Bonding
- On-the-job training
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Foreign labor
- Other state and federal incentives are also available
- Get Customized Training
Let LWC assist YOU with subsidized training to improve the skills of new and existing employees.
Quality subsidized training reduces acquisition cost, which saves YOU money. Low employee turnover reduces operating costs, which increases YOUR profits.
- Control Worker Health & Safety
Get tips on how YOU can keep YOUR employees safe so YOUR company can avoid undue penalties and fines. Learn about current medical treatment guidelines that will change the way decisions are made about medical treatment for injured workers.
Find out about potential hazards at YOUR worksite and improve YOUR occupational safety and health management systems at no cost. Companies that participate may reduce their workers’ compensation premiums. As companies reduce their workers’ compensation premiums, this may result in larger profit margins, enabling a company to fill vacant positions and/or create new ones.
- OSHA consultations
- Medical guidelines
- Useful Online Resources & Services
Quickly file important reports online, download free electronic posters and documents, and access online forms to help YOU do business conveniently with LWC.
- Labor Laws
Save time by knowing exactly where to find helpful information and resources on everything from minimum wage and overtime pay to discrimination and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Apprenticeship law
- Minor (child) labor Law
- Private employment service law
- Medical exams and drug tests
- Employee citizenship/work authorization status verification requirements – E-Verify®
Discover which businesses and occupations are required to have a license in Louisiana. This guide will help YOUR company comply with the state’s basic licensing requirements and fees, thus helping YOU avoid financial penalties. It also includes comprehensive information on occupations including job descriptions, wages, training/education required and contact information for the licensing authority.
Louisiana Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation
For every dollar spent on hiring a job seeker with a disability, $9 is returned to Louisiana’s economy. Strengthen and diversify YOUR company’s workforce while improving community relationships.
- LRS offers the following free consulting services:
- Training for YOUR staff on disability etiquette and sensitivity
- Training and technical assistance on the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- Assistance for YOUR employees who have developed disabling conditions
- Follow-up once services are complete
- LRS will assist YOU in obtaining the following tax incentives/provisions for YOUR company:
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Barriers Removal Tax Deduction
- Disabled Access Tax Credit
A recent study shows positive attitudes among consumers toward socially responsible companies, in particular toward those that hire individuals with disabilities.
Get information on what YOUR company will need to do in the event an employee is separated.
- Record keeping and reporting
- Unemployment Insurance
- Layoff resources
- Dislocated Worker - Rapid Response
- Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)
Making sure all companies pay their fair share -- no more, no less -- is good for all legitimate businesses and for the business climate in Louisiana.
Ways YOUR company can stay in compliance:
- Create a level playing field among all Louisiana employers by ensuring that YOUR company is carrying the appropriate, required workers’ compensation coverage.
- Ensure that the wage records YOUR company submits quarterly are complete and accurate, as they also enable better fraud detection. Failure to do so may result in penalties.
If YOU know someone who may be committing workers’ compensation fraud or unemployment insurance fraud, contact the LWC.
Face-to-Face Employer Outreach (Seminars & Consultations)
The agency offers a variety of no-cost services and much more to help YOUR company gain valuable information to stay abreast of the latest changes happening in the workforce.
- Workers’ Compensation
Learn how to accurately maintain required documentation, whether or not a business is exempt from OSHA recordkeeping requirements, and how to detect workers’ compensation fraud.
- OSHA Seminars
- Compliance Seminars
- Signs of Workers’ Compensation Fraud
- Unemployment Insurance
Learn the tips that YOU need to manage and maintain YOUR company’s business when it comes to reducing turnover, decreasing fraud, monitoring benefit charges and tracking the status of pending appeals cases.
- Tax Seminars
- Investigation/Fraud Prevention Seminars
- General Benefits Information Seminars
An experienced LWC professional is available to assist YOU. Whether YOU are looking to save one dollar or thousands, we have the resources to meet YOUR individualized workforce needs... because time is money.
Connect with LWC today.