The Louisiana Workforce Commission has an effective combination of online and person-to-person resources to help State of Louisiana employees who are interested in job services.
- Training Providers: Get information on training providers/schools in Louisiana, the programs they offer and their Web sites.
- Training Programs: Find a training or educational program in your occupation or field of interest.
Labor Market Services
- Labor Market Facts: Get answers to commonly asked questions about the local labor market.
- Area Profile: Find out labor market information for a specific region or parish, including average wages, largest industry and occupational group.
- Industry Profile: Get information about how many jobs a particular industry is expected to add in the next 10 years for a region or parish.
- Occupational Profile: Find out salaries and projected growth of specific occupations in a certain region or parish.
Business & Career Solutions Centers are located throughout Louisiana and
serve as a local resource to state employees for job search assistance.
- Among personalized services available:
- Résumé preparation
- Career exploration
- Skills assessment
All Louisiana Workforce Commission services are offered at no charge.
Other Helpful Resources
Louisiana Children’s Health Insurance Program (LaCHIP): You may qualify for free health coverage for your dependent child. For more information, call 877-252-2447 or visit the LaCHIP website, www.lachip.org.
Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC Network): If you are interested in starting your own business, LSBDC offers free confidential counseling, low-cost training and business information resources. To locate a center near you, visit www.lsbdc.org.
SCORE: A resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration, SCORE provides free counseling and mentoring to help start-up or existing small businesses. Visit www.score.org for more information and local offices.