BATON ROUGE – Due to severe weather threats, the Louisiana Workforce Commission headquarters and Business Career Solution Centers in the following areas will be closed through Friday, March 11, due to severe weather:
• Ringgold (Bienville Parish), 2434 Manning St.
• Arcadia (Bienville Parish), 1119 S. Railroad Ave.
• Bossier City (Bossier Parish), 4000 Viking Drive
• Homer (Claiborne Parish), 507 W. Main St.
• Mansfield (DeSoto Parish), 142 Lake Road
• Baton Rouge – South (East Baton Rouge Parish), 1991 Wooddale Blvd.
• Baton Rouge – North (East Baton Rouge Parish), 4523 Plank Road
• Lake Providence (East Carroll Parish), 409 Second St., Suite 6
• Winnsboro (Franklin Parish), 3290 Front St.
• Ruston (Lincoln Parish), 307 N. Homer St.
• Tallulah (Madison Parish), 1007 Johnson St.
• Bastrop (Morehouse Parish), 250 Holt St.
• Natchitoches (Natchitoches Parish), 303 Bienville St.
• Monroe (Ouachita Parish), 1162 Oliver Road
• Coushatta (Red River Parish), 615 E. Carroll St.
• Rayville (Richland Parish), 146 Christian Drive
• Many (Sabine Parish), 1125 W. Mississippi Ave.
• Vacherie (St. James Parish), 2631 La. 20 West
• LaPlace (St. John Parish), 975 Cambridge Drive
• Farmerville (Union Parish), 303B E. Water St.
• Minden (Webster Parish), 105 Harvey’s Way
• Oak Grove (West Carroll Parish), 310 Skinner Lane
Self-service features are available 24/7 on HiRE at louisianaworks.net/hire and the automated helpline at 1-866-783-5567. Phone counselors will be available beginning Monday, March 14 at 8:00 a.m. Visit laworks.net for updates on any further office closures.
Even if you are in an area that is not listed, please call your local office before visiting, as weather could affect other offices’ closures.
As a result of these closures, the transition of unemployment claimants onto prepaid cards from paper checks will be delayed until Sunday, March 20. All claimants who currently receive beenfits through paper checks can opt into direct-deposit by updating their payment preferences in their HiRE accounts until Sunday, March 20.
All claimants who take no action will be automatically transitioned onto a prepaid card.
Additionally, the unemployment claims report, including the number of all initial and continued claims, scheduled to release on Friday, March 11, will now be released on Monday, March 14.
Note: This revision date does not reflect the revision date of the press release shown. Press Release postings are updated as needed and should be considered accurate as shown.