BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Workforce Commission has updated the schedule of unemployment rate press releases.
Because of the federal government shutdown, the Bureau of Labor Statistics will combine employment data for September and October in one press release scheduled for Nov. 22, 2013. The LWC will issue its corresponding press release the same day. This release will provide seasonally adjusted and not seasonally adjusted data on Louisiana’s labor force (which includes the number of people employed and unemployed), unemployment rate and nonfarm employment.
A separate press release on Nov. 27, 2013, will provide parish and metropolitan statistical area data for September and October.
There will be no release of preliminary September data this year. Instead, the first reporting of September data in the above mentioned press releases on Nov. 22 and Nov. 27 will be revised data.
The following updated LWC press release schedule is tentative and subject to changes in BLS release dates:
• Oct. 22, 2013 – State Unemployment Rates for September 2013 – Cancelled
• Oct. 24, 2013 – MSA Unemployment Rates for September 2013 – Cancelled
• Nov. 22, 2013 – State Unemployment Rates for September and October 2013 – New Release Date
• Nov. 27, 2013 – MSA Unemployment Rates for September and October 2013 – New Release Date
• Dec. 20, 2013 – State Unemployment Rates for November 2013
• Dec. 27, 2013 – MSA Unemployment Rates for November 2013
• Jan. 28, 2014 – State Unemployment Rates for December 2013
• Jan. 30, 2014 – MSA Unemployment Rates for December 2013
For more detailed statistics on Louisiana’s labor market information, visit Louisiana’s employment homepage at www.laworks.net and select Labor Market Information.
Note: This revision date does not reflect the revision date of the press release shown. Press Release postings are updated as needed and should be considered accurate as shown.