BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Workforce Commission’s Workplace Safety Task Force will meet Wednesday, Sept. 18, in Baton Rouge, to discuss and consider various workplace safety issues and initiatives.
The meeting, which is free and open to the public, will be held from 9:30 a.m. to noon at the Alliance Safety Council, 10099 N. Reiger Road, Baton Rouge, located next to the Office Depot store just off Siegen Lane.
The Workplace Safety Task Force helps employers address preventable injuries and fatalities, and offers education and training opportunities.
Interested employers, claims professionals, insurance adjusters, self-insurers, third-parity administrators, attorneys, vocational rehabilitation providers, doctors, safety and risk managers, human resource professionals and anyone whose work involves workplace safety is encouraged to attend task force meetings.
Topics up for discussion at the Sept. 18 meeting include:
• An update on the LWC’s Cultivating Safety Initiative;
• An update on a safety Study and grant opportunity for transportation and warehousing;
• A presentation on lead in the manufacturing industry presented by Dorinda Folse of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration;
• Discussion of various ideas for the Workplace Safety Conference;
• A presentation on the Alliance Safety Council by Dianna Braud.
After the meeting, the Task Force will take a tour of the Alliance Safety Council facilities.
Learn more about the LWC’s no-cost, confidential on-site and comprehensive safety and health program by visiting Louisiana’s employment homepage at www.laworks.net.
Note: This revision date does not reflect the revision date of the press release shown. Press Release postings are updated as needed and should be considered accurate as shown.