The Louisiana Workforce Commissionís Mobile Career Units will be open Saturday and next week on Monday through Friday, offering services for individuals affected by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The mobile units will be open each day from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The units will be at the following locations:
- St. Bernard Parish: Islenos Museum, 1345 Bayou Road, St. Bernard
- Plaquemines Parish: St. Patrick's Catholic Church, 28698 Highway 23, Port Sulphur
Services available at the mobile units include:
- Assistance for job seekers
- Assistance with unemployment claims
- Information on available social services, such as food stamps and Medicaid
A toll-free hotline has been established by BP to discuss spill-related damage claims, including loss of income: 1-800-440-0858.
Workforce Commission services are offered at no cost to employers and participating job seekers.
For more information related to the oil spill, visit www.emergency.louisiana.gov. Connect with us on www.facebook.com/GOHSEP and on Twitter @GOHSEP. View photos from the state's response www.flickr.com/photos/lagohsep.
Note: This revision date does not reflect the revision date of the press release shown. Press Release postings are updated as needed and should be considered accurate as shown.