Lavonda Stewart, 225-358-4564
ClearEdge Wholesale Glass is a flat glass manufacturing and distribution company created to fill a void in the Gulf South Region for supplying retail glass shops with high quality glass products.
About a year ago, ClearEdge opened its second location in Baton Rouge and began tempering glass. Since 2015, distribution has been running out of Baton Rouge.
ClearEdge is locally owned and operated, and is the only certified tempering plant in the state of Louisiana. The majority of our customer base is retail glass shops located throughout Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi. We intend to expand service delivery in the next 6 months.
Furnace Operator/Tempering Production Lead
- Must be a glass handling expert and quality control specialist.
- Responsible for supervising the tempering department and employee training.
- Ensure tempering furnace is full at all times and running good quality product.
- Maintain all certifications, including regular breaks, inspections, and reporting.
- Will gain expertise in glass-handling techniques and light fabrication.
- Responsible for truck loading and/or stocking warehouse.
- Requires seasonal availability for a seven-day workweek (8-13 hours per day)and ability to work any shift.
- Forklift Certification and glass handling knowledge preferred.
- Six months experience in a nonclimate-controlled warehouse desired.
Experienced CDL Glass Truck Driver
- Multiple deliveries daily to the Gulf South Region.
- Customer focused driver must inspect tickets and truck loads for accuracy.
- Accuracy in deliveries and collections, safe-handling techniques, and maximizing space on trucks to ensure efficient use of resources.
- CDL Class B with proper endorsements required.
- Prefer CDL Class A with experience using knuckle boom.
- Routes currently return home nightly.
- Experience in glass handling and weight distribution preferred.
- Clean driving record.
Maintenance and Machinery Technician
- Responsible for keeping the plant machinery and equipment running.
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate issues, determine corrective actions, locate required parts, and complete repairs.
- Classes in machine repair, electrical and hydraulics are preferred.
IG (Insulated Glass) Trainee
- Trainee will receive valuable skills and training for a position that provides opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Fast-paced position, requiring the right combination of skills and characteristics to meet tight deadlines.
- Required to work extended hours and some weekends, with occasional overtime in a climate-controlled work environment.
This page was last updated on October 29, 2009. Note: This revision date does not reflect the revision date of the event shown. Event postings are updated as needed and should be considered accurate as shown.