How to Submit a Public Records Request to the Louisiana Workforce Commission
The Louisiana Workforce Commission’s vision is to make Louisiana the best place in the country to get a job or grow a business,
and our goal is to be the country's best workforce agency.
Our mission is simple and straightforward – we put people to work.
Restructured in 2008, our core values include:
- Integrity and respect: We treat each other with respect; our actions and our words are considerate, honest and ethical; we do what we say we will do.
- Open communication: We seek first to understand--we listen, we give and receive meaningful feedback, we value different opinions and perspectives.
- Accountability: We work on the right things, we hold each other accountable, we follow the rules and we use LWC resources wisely.
- Teamwork: We all work as part of the larger LWC team, we collaborate across boundaries, we agree on and work toward common goals.
- Continuous improvement: We set high standards and goals using external benchmarks, we are data-driven and self-critical, we analyze and improve our processes.
- Adaptability: We welcome and adapt to change, we respond quickly to customer needs, and economic challenges inspire new ways of doing business.
Today, the LWC is ideally positioned and structured to support and serve Louisiana’s employers, job seekers and workforce partners.
LWC Executive Leadership
- LA Star Jobs: Job seekers can explore careers, apply for the highest rated jobs and connect with local education and training providers on the LWC’s free career tool, Louisiana Star Jobs, at www.laworks.net/Stars. A mobile version is also available at m.laworks.net.
- HiRE: Job seekers can file for unemployment and immediately search for new jobs that match their experience and interests through our HiRE system. Employers can also recruit qualified candidates through this integrated system. https://www.louisianaworks.net/hire/vosnet/Default.aspx
- My Life. My Way. Job seekers have a new LWC online tool to help with career planning. “My Life. My Way.” estimates living costs around the state and connects users to occupations that make their lifestyle choices affordable. Visit “My Life. My Way.” at laworks.net/mylife.
- Employment Data: To view all available employment data, visit Louisiana’s employment homepage at http://www.laworks.net and select Labor Market Information from the top-right menu. You can go directly to https://www.louisianaworks.net/hire/analyzer/default.asp?fromaltentry=1 for LOIS, the Louisiana Occupational Information System for such information as employment and wage data listed under Historical Data Analysis.
- State Activities and Plans